New Heads at Hodgson

HODGSON Academy has a new student leadership team at the helm. The new Head Girl is Laura Jones and Head Boy Tom Clarke, with deputies Emily Hargreaves and Jack Collins.

LAURA Jones has represented the academy in several sports team over the years, worked as a peer mentor and completed her bronze Duke of Edinburgh award. She said on her appointment to Head Girl: “Being a focused and hard-working student, with a positive learning attitude, I believe I will conduct myself well in the role of Head Girl and as an ambassador for Hodgson Academy. I enjoy every day of the Hodgson experience and have great relationships within my peers and the teaching staff.”

TOM Clarke is a keen sportsman, competing for teams at Hodgson and in national cycling competitions. As a volunteer for British Cycling’s youth programme, he feels he has developed important skills for his role of Head boy. He said: “Not only does the British Cycling development programme show us how to ride bikes fast, it teaches us how to be a more whole person and athlete, with the main priorities of organisation, independence and dedication. I feel these are all things I will bring to Hodgson as Head Boy; such as helping younger students and sharing the experiences I have gained from all of the teachers and staff here.”

EMILY Hargreaves has been involved in many aspects of school life, including The Duke of Edinburgh award scheme, sports leadership, the academy band and peer mentoring. She said: “I feel that becoming Deputy Head Girl is a fantastic way to conclude my final year of school and fulfil my Hodgson experience.”

JACK Collins is a member of the Student Council, reading mentor to younger students and learning skills ambassador. He would like to look at how to address litter around the academy during his time as Deputy Head Boy. He said: “Hodgson has a great sense of community and family spirit and this is what appeals to me and makes me want to do something for the school.”