Mock Interview Evening 2015

LORD Sugar could have begun the search for his new Apprentice at Hodgson Academy on Tuesday (13th October) – and saved himself weeks of boardroom battles.

Around 80 Year 11 students turned up suited and booted that evening to participate in the academy’s Mock Work Interviews. Industry professionals made up the interview panels and included representatives from businesses and organisations such as BAE Systems, Blackpool and the Fylde College and UCLan.

DSC_0045aEach student was given verbal and written feedback on their 15-minute interview and CV. This event is aimed at giving Year 11 students a realistic taster as to what to expect in future college or work interviews. Here is some of the feedback given by students following the event:

“It was an amazing experience. I’d recommend it to everyone.”

“It was scary but I’m really glad I did it. I feel loads more confident now.”

“They (the interview panel) gave me great feedback on my CV and I’m going to go home and change it now!”

“You learn more about the field you want to work in. It’s really beneficial”

• All students in Years 8-11 are invited to attend Hodgson’s annual Careers Convention on Thursday 22nd October, from 7pm to 9pm. Around 30 representatives from local and national employers are attending and further/higher education institutions will be available for consultations. Click the below link for a full list of those attending and further details on the event:
    CAREERS CONVENTION – 22nd Oct 2015 – Letter to Parents

Academy Correspondence: CAREERS CONVENTION – Thursday 22nd October 2015 [PDF]